Project Management is a systematic application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholders’ needs and expectations. Studies have shown that the success rate of projects will increase when a structured and integrated approach to project management is adopted, thus enhancing ROI and overall customer satisfaction. Unlike other workshops, Prime Quality Training's intensive 3-day program on Applied Project Management begins with a unique Step-by-Step approach in covering the essential principles and people skills of Project Management complemented with ample working exercises and examples, templates and real-life experiences, and ends with the learning and application of a user-friendly Microsoft Project software tool.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will demonstrate the ability to perform the following:
• Conduct project selection methods
• Develop a Business Case and undertake a Feasibility Study
• Establish the Terms of Reference / Project Charter
• Identify and document high level risks, assumptions and constraints
• Identify key stakeholders and organize a project team
• Define the scope of the project
• Create the work breakdown structure
• Develop and obtain practical project management plan approval
• Develop critical project documents
• Identify key project team members and define their roles and responsibilities
• Create Risk Plan, Quality Plan, Communication Plan and Procurement Plan
• Execute the tasks to deliver product, service and/or result
• Manage resources and team performances efficiently and effectively
• Perform Quality Assurance
• Implement Change Control System
• Tendering & awarding Contract
• Manage Stakeholder Expectations
Monitoring and Controlling
• Ensure the project deliverable conforms to quality standards
• Measure project performance
• Monitor the status of all identified risks
• Verify and manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs
• Ensure proper handover and close-out procedures
• Formalize and obtain final acceptance for the Project
• Verify and Audit results
• Identify, document and communicate project review and lessons learned
Project Management Professionals with working knowledge and responsibility for Planning & Scheduling - Project Controls - Cost and Budget Control
This training course is recommended for both discipline and project focused professionals with a basic understanding of project management process. An effective combination of cutting edge lecture, real-world examples, and interactive sessions will be utilized, providing the participants with an opportunity to engage in active discussions and group exercises to participate in an effective learning experience.
- Master fundamental project management knowledge, skills, concepts, tools and techniques with cross references to world class standard in USA-based Project Management Institute’s body of knowledge PMBOK®.
- Understand and apply the best practices in carrying out a feasibility study, to initiate, define, plan, implement, monitor, control and close-out phases of a complete Project Life Cycle.
- Justify project & link project goals to stakeholder needs.
- Identify the critical role and functions of project managers.
- Avoid costly mistakes by gaining an insight into the success and failure factors
- Improves your project success rate by enhancing your management skills in leading, motivating, communicating and resolving conflicts.
- Be more confident in forecasting time and cost of project completion.
- Develop SMART Objectives, WBS, Project Plan & Schedule
- Develop network diagrams to analyze Critical Path and compress project duration
- Estimate project costs, & budget using simple, proven techniques
- Identify project risks and develop quality objectives
- Save time and effort by applying Microsoft Project software tool.
- Terminating project with Post Implementation Review & lessons learned
- Network with other participants and share valuable experiences.